Barrowvalley.net is a unique, independent, privately-funded organisation, locally-written & produced, dedicated to showing the beautiful Barrow Valley at it’s best and sharing it with the world. I also believe in promoting quality tourism-related products and services.
Since it’s launch 4 years ago, this website has become the most popular online guide to the Barrow Valley, both in Ireland and overseas. (Try a Google search to confirm this). The Blog has had over 350,000 page views from all over the world.
The local don’t need convincing but we have gone to great lengths to get our website listed in Europe and now we are ready to partner up! The screen grab below shows a search on Google.de – the biggest German-based search engine.
As you can see, we are listed at the top of the unpaid ads, even in Germany. We have spent two years making this happen by correctly using Search Engine Optimisation techniques which are both ethical and effective. Now your local business can benefit from all our hard work!
With our eclectic mix of beautiful photographs & video, up to date local knowledge, honest opinions and whimsical style, BarrowValley.net has attracted a huge online audience. Our Walking & Angling pages receive hundreds of visits weekly and are well listed all over Europe.
What we offer:
An advert placed across our website offers a niche audience for advertisers. No other website can offer you this targeted audience so effectively – not even the official Irish tourism bodies, national or local. (In fact, the River Barrow Valley is, shamefully, not even listed by the ‘Ireland’s Ancient East’ online campaign).
We have no official links with local authorities, tourism or government bodies of any kind, so we are completely independent and we attract independent-minded website visitors from Ireland and abroad. We aim to provide information & inspiration in equal measure. Our site visitors tend to dwell on the website (see stats above) so your advertising will be very effective. Our site is also responsive & works on all devices. Our content often gets shared across social media by our visitors.
We are listed by the IWAI, Heritage Boat Association, Waterways Ireland and many more related bodies so you’ll benefit from a niche market of visitors who enjoy Ireland’s waterways, countryside, walking or angling.
- We have had over 350,000 page views, with the Walking The Barrow Way Section especially popular.
- The Barrow Valley is located on one or Ireland’s most popular tourist routes: Dublin to Kilkenny, and yet is (thankfully) ignored by coach tour operators. People who visit tend to research online before they arrive so your advert will be seen by visitors on short breaks who have an interest in Irish culture, heritage, wildlife and Irish trad music.
- If you are offering accommodation, why not offer to drop & collect walkers so they can explore without their baggage? This is know as ‘supported walking’ and is growing in popularity. Craft workers can offer tours and demos, often off-season to independent travellers who benefit from good exchange rates & cheap flights.
- Reasonable, negotiable and flexible, plus you have creative control of your adverts, banners, links etc.
- Contact Barrowvalley.net site owner, author and photographer James Burke below for more information and options:
Viewmount, Duninga, Goresbridge, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
Tel 059 91 04729 | Mob 086 8197455