Local business – why not advertise with us?
Barrowvalley.net is a unique, independent, privately-funded organisation, locally-written & produced, dedicated to showing the beautiful Barrow Valley at it’s best and sharing it with the world. I also believe in promoting quality tourism-related products, crafts and services.
Since it’s launch 8 years ago, this website has become the most popular online guide to the Barrow Valley, both in Ireland and overseas. (Try a Google search to confirm this). The Blog has had over 450,000 page views from all over the world and site visitors “dwell” – i.e. they look at several pages during their visit.
The Barrowvalley.net blog is tablet and mobile-friendly so appeals to a modern, web-savvy independent traveller.
The locals don’t need convincing, but we have gone to great lengths to get our website listed in Mainland Europe and now we are ready to partner up! The screen grab below shows a search on Google.de – the biggest German-based search engine. We get a lot of German walking groups visiting the Barrow Valley, staying in B&Bs or camping. They spread the word on social media.
As you can see, we are listed at the top of the unpaid ads, even in Germany. We have spent three years making this happen by correctly using Search Engine Optimisation techniques which are both ethical and effective. Now your local business can benefit from all our hard work!
- We aim to provide information & inspiration in equal measure.
- Our site visitors tend to dwell on the website so your advertising will be very effective.
- Our content often gets shared across social media by our visitors in Ireland, the UK and Mainland Europe.
- We get messages requesting local advice which we deal with promptly.
- We are listed by the IWAI, Heritage Boat Association, Waterways Ireland and many more related bodies so you’ll benefit from a niche market of visitors who enjoy Ireland’s waterways, countryside, walking or angling.
- We have had over 450,000 page views, with the Walking The Barrow Way Section especially popular.
- People who visit tend to research online before they arrive so your advert will be seen by visitors on short breaks who have an interest in Irish culture, heritage, wildlife and Irish trad music.
- If you are offering accommodation, why not offer to drop & collect walkers so they can explore without their baggage? This is know as ‘supported walking‘ and is growing in popularity. They might give you a boost on social media afterwards.
Why not market yourB&B or listing on Booking.com & Air BnB with the best niche advertising anywhere in the South East?
Reasonable, negotiable and flexible, plus you have creative control of your adverts, banners, links etc. Single-page adverts start at only €65 p.a. Global (whole site) banners negotiable. Adverts can be up to A5 size.
Barrowvalley.net site owner, author and photographer James Burke below for more information and options:
James Burke |
Doninga, Goresbridge, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland